The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program 2022 was set up in October 2000 by a gift of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the biggest at any point single gift to a UK college. Grants are granted to exceptional candidates from nations outside the UK to seek after a full-time postgraduate certificate in any subject accessible at the University of Cambridge.
Bill Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2022
For the 2022 passage, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship program 2022 will offer 80 full-cost grants to extraordinary candidates from nations outside the UK to seek a full-time postgraduate certification in any subject accessible at the University of Cambridge. Around 66% of these honors will be presented to Ph.D. understudies, with roughly 25 honors accessible in the US round and 55 accessible in the International round.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program is to fabricate a worldwide organization of future pioneers focused on working on the existence of others. It means to accomplish this mission by choosing remarkable researchers, giving them monetary and non-monetary help at one of the world’s driving colleges, and working with local areas working at and past Cambridge.
criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for the choice of course
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- leadership potential
There are around 225 Scholars from c. 50 nations concentrating in Cambridge at any one time who seek after the full scope of subjects accessible at the college and are spread across its areas of expertise and Colleges.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship takes care of the full expense of learning at Cambridge. It likewise gives extra, optional financing.
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
* The University Composition Fee changes for various kinds of understudies; candidates should see the Graduate Studies plan for full insights regarding exact sums. Where an understudy from the European Union has been effective in acquiring an expenses grant from public specialists they should acknowledge this and the Trust won’t pay these charges.
- The Trust likewise thinks about applications for a few sorts of extra financing on an optional premise:
- Scholarly improvement financing – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, reliant upon the length of your course, to go to gatherings and courses.
- Family stipend – up to £10,120 for a first youngster and up to £4,320 briefly a kid (2020-21 rate). No subsidizing is accommodated by an accomplice.
- Hands-on work – you might apply to keep up to your typical upkeep recompense while on hands-on work as a feature of your Ph.D. (the Trust doesn’t finance other hands-on work costs as these ought to be supported by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity subsidizing – should you require it, you might apply to intermit your investigations for as long as a half year and keep on accepting your upkeep remittance during this time
- Difficulty subsidizing – for unexpected challenges
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Eligibilities:
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course (with some exceptions – see below)
In case you are at present learning at Cambridge and wish to apply for another postgraduate course you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. For instance, in case you are at present reading for an MPhil, you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to seek after a Ph.D. Current Gates Cambridge Scholars may likewise apply for brief grant in case they are applying for another degree. All current Cambridge understudies will be considered in cycle two. Nonetheless, on the off chance that you have effectively begun a course, you can’t have any significant bearing for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to support the rest of it. Eligible Regions: Open for all (with the exception of residents of the United Kingdom)
Deadline of Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- For the US citizens resident in the USA: 14 October 2020
- And for all other eligible applicants: Dependent on your course – either 3 December 2022 or 7 January 2023
Official Link: https://www.gatescambridge.org/programme/the-scholarship/
Apply Now: https://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/how-to-apply/